Friday, June 8, 2012

It's tough being a parent

Parents often wonder How I can have such patience with their children. It's not that I ignore inappropriate behavior--I don't. But I don't get angry or frustrated. Why? Reason Number One: I don't take their behavior personally. I don't interpret THEIR behavior to mean something about me. Reason Number Two: I let go of all expectations and all 'shoulds' for the children with whom I work. Each child is an individual--absolutely unique--each with his own strengths and weaknesses. Reason Number Three: "Driving every behavior is a positive intention". And Reason Number Four: "Different does not mean broken." I DON'T FIX CHILDREN. When working with children, my intention is to help them realize their potential and become happy, satisfied and fully expressed human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home